Moroccany Couscous

Monday, September 24, 2012 - Posted by Kristina Manente at 12:11 PM
I love couscous... probably too much. Something about it just pleases me to no end. I've made all sorts of coucouses... couscousi? What is the plural of couscous? Is it just couscous? Important questions people. Anywho, I just like experimenting with couscous and putting random things in it. So, as I was debating what on earth to make for dinner for Maria & I, I found some couscous and went to town raiding the fridge.

And this here is the result... with an extra bit of zing (and not because I accidentally dumped a whole lot of chilli flakes in there, not at all, I am as graceful as a swan). But basically, couscous is the easiest thing to make and it's also so easy to be vegan or anything!

INGREDIENTS

2 cups uncooked couscous
1 zuchinni, chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 small can of beans (I used kidney, but any would work)
Handful of raisins
Spices (I mixed together cumin, garlic, cinnamon, chilli flakes, salt, and pepper)
Olive oil


DIRECTIONS

Pour couscous into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Cover the bowl and set it aside for 5-10 minutes.

Sautee the zuchinni, bell peppers, and carrots in olive oil for a few minutes until they start to become tender. Add in the beans, spices, and raisins. Leave some of the sauce/water from the beans. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.

Fluff couscous with a dork, drizzle some olive oil and combine with sautee mixture. Voila! Nom away!