Pancakes with banana, raisins, and coconut

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - Posted by Kristina Manente at 6:07 AM
One of the issues with going vegan was breakfast. I was never a huge brekkie fan to be fair, but sometimes I just REALLY wanted a freaking waffle or a pancake. My first attempts at vegan pancake making were...er... special. They were more like bricks made out of sweet potato.

I wanted to try something new and so I whipped this up, using baking powder as the eggs and the result was very very fluffy! They were a bit scorched, but in the end it was okay because covered in syrup, everything tastes good.

Next time I'd top with some margarine and I think I'd toast the coconut a bit, but these were very filling and were gobbled up by my non-vegan friend who said they tasted just like normal pancakes. Huzzah! These are stupidly simple too.

INGREDIENTS

1 cup flour
1 tablespoon cane sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
Some vanilla (to taste)
1 cup "milk"
2 tablespoons veggie oil

Syrup, raisins, banana, and shredded coconut for topping


DIRECTIONS

Combine your dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) in a large bowl.

Add "milk", vanilla, and oil and stir until smooth.

Plop some batter onto a pan over medium heat. Flip when bubbles appear and the edges are stiffening.

Cut up a banana, toss some raisins, pour some syrup, and sprinkle some shredded coconut on top! Voila!